DURATION: 4 weeks
This course is structured to provide FPU components with a unique track of training, stemming from the appropriate UN doctrine, including a mentoring/training session that will take place in the police contributing country. This training is reservedfor Commanders, Staff, platoon and squad leaders of single FPUs as identified by UN DPKO that will be deployed to PSOs. After the Training Course at the CoESPU, a Carabinieri Mobile Mentoring Team is deployed to the FPU contributing country.
This course, utilizing the UN pre-deployment curricula for police as well as the UN FPU Doctrine, aims to train FPU components, providing them with the capability to conduct operations at tactical level, in accordance with UN standards and to prepare their subordinates for duties in peacekeeping operations.
UP to 50 international Police Officer, as part of two different FPUs, as identified by UN DPKO to be deployed to PSOs.
- prepare the entire FPU for duties in a peacekeeping operation, in accordance with UN standards and pre-deployment curricula for police;
- enhance FPU members’ knowledge of basic Human Rights, particularly in cases of use of force, arrest and detention;
- ensure that FPU members achievethe minimum performance standards for their issued firearms;
- develop the FPU members’ capacities with regard to public order management;
- provide updated information on mission scenarios;
- improve the FPU members’ knowledge and skills with regard to the protection of UN personnel and facilities.
Augment the FPU members’ capabilities to cooperate and eventually support the host country law enforcement agencies.
No scheduled edition
No past edition