DURATION: 3 weeks
High level course that provides knowledge and professional skills in the area of training management, primarily devoted to FPU training leaders.
This course aims to enhance participants’ skills and capacities for planning, conducting and evaluating Formed Police Units (FPU) training courses. At the completion of the course, participants are able to design, implement and evaluate an FPU training course, in accordance with the UN standards.
UP to 20 international Training Managers, represented by Senior TrainingOfficers in the rank of Colonel/Lt Colonel/ Major or their equivalent from International Training Centers.
- International Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law common standards;
- Analysis of social, cultural and historical aspects of Theaters of Operations;
- UN standards on policing, with special regard to FPU-related fields;
- FPU doctrine and operational procedures: crowd control, protection of UN personnel/facilities, interim operational support to host country police services;
- FPU logistic and equipment requirements;
- Use of firearms.
No scheduled edition