DURATION: 3 weeks
High level course thatprovides specialized training for military, police and civilian personnel, devoted to managing the Protection of Civilian in Peace Support Operations (PSO), utilizing the UN Standard Training Modules as well as UN DPKO guidelines,.
This training aims to enhance professional skills in carrying out integrated operational procedures in order to protect the civil population, as well as conduct investigations, and addressing countering Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in a multidimensional peacekeeping operation, in accordance with UN standards.
UP to 20 international participants from diverse backgrounds;
- understanding of the DPKO/DFS Operational Concept POC;
- understanding of the framework for drafting POC Strategies in UN Peacekeeping Operations;
- creating awareness of critical challenges involved in POC and providing institutional guidance;
- increasing understanding of the range of civilian vulnerabilities and how to ensure they are identified and addressed;
- presenting methods to deal properlywith cultural differences and other types of diversity in international operational environments as well as in host countries;
- enhancing ability tocarry out integrated operational procedures, and investigations, aimed to counter SGBV in a multidimensional peacekeeping operation.
No scheduled edition